I love sweetgreen. I love their salad dressings, locally sourced ingredients, clean eating philosophy, and the ease to grab a meal. The only downside is that a salad or bowl runs $10-12. I’ve been craving a sweetgreen, but on a budget. I decided to try my hand at their curry cauliflower bowl that’s offered during the fall; the bowl is: quinoa/farro, arugula, roasted curry cauliflower, cilantro, dried cranberries, roasted chicken, sriracha, & cucumber tahini dressing. While not quite the same since their dressings seem to be top-secret, I basically nailed this with my version of Curry Cauliflower Brown Rice Bowls. I used my own homemade dressing, leftover brown rice from sushi stacks, and roasted cauliflower and chicken. If you make the dressing and rice ahead of time, it’s really an easy meal prep.
Ingredients (serves 4).
- 2 chicken breasts, about 16 oz
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into bite-size florets
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Salt, pepper & garlic powder
- 2-3 t curry powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 c fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 c brown rice, cooked and warmed
- 8 c arugula (1 package)
- 4 T dried unsweetened cranberries
- 4-8 T Cucumber Tahini Dressing
- Red pepper flakes (not shown, but highly recommended)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet and a roasting pan with foil.
- Place cauliflower florets on baking sheet, gently coat with coconut cooking spray and dust with salt and garlic powder. Roast for 10 min. Toss the cauliflower and repeat the salt and garlic (optional).
- Add chicken breasts to the second pan and season with salt and pepper. Bake chicken and roast veggies for an additional 10 min.
- Toss cauliflower once more and flip chicken breasts. Cook for 5-10 min until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear and cauliflower is tender and just browning. Remove from hear. Cut chicken into slices or cube.
- Transfer cauliflower to a bowl and toss with curry powder to taste.
- Plate 1/2 c warmed brown rice with 2 c arugula. Toss well.
- Top with 1 T cranberries, 1-2 T of fresh cilantro, 4 oz chicken (1/4 of cooked chicken), and 2/3 c cauliflower (heaping — 1/5 of roasted cauliflower; you’ll have a serving leftover). Drizzle 1-2 T of dressing. Add red pepper flakes to taste (optional).
Inspired by sweetgreen‘s “Curry Cauliflower & Quinoa Bowl” from their fall seasonal offerings.
Nutrition for 1 bowl with 1 T dressing.
400 calories • 7.9 g fat (16%) • 51 g carbs (46%) • 42.3 g protein (38%) • 10.6 g fiber • 10.8 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.
1 thought on “Copycat Sweetgreen’s Curry Cauliflower Quinoa Bowls”