Happy Valentine’s Day! Here’s a little “dessert” to color your day. My parents and I went to First Watch for brunch whilst in Ohio, after such a favorable outing when we were in Florida last May. My mom ordered the AM Superfood Bowl, which consisted of a coconut milk chia pudding topped with bananas, berries and blackberry perseveres and homemade granola. It was delish — literally dessert for breakfast. I usually make chia pudding with almond milk, but full-fat coconut milk was a welcomed surprise. On a whim, I added a pinch of cardamom and the citrus flavor added some levity and brightness to the dish. Enjoy as a snack, topped with fruit and granola for breakfast or with some chocolate for dessert, Coconut Chia Pudding is just one of those things you’ll enjoy again and again.
Ingredients (serves 2-4).
- 1 c full-fat coconut milk (canned)
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/16 -1/8 t cardamom
- 1 t agave nectar
- In a sealed jar, combine all ingredients. Make sure coconut milk is fully liquified before using.
- Mix well and refrigerate 3+ hours before serving. Pudding will be thick and solidified once done.
- Top with fresh fruit, coconut flakes or dark chocolate before serving.
Like chia pudding? Try Mango Chia Pudding.
Nutrition for 1/4 of recipe.
177 calories • 16.6 g fat (76%) • 7.9 g carbs (16%) • 4.1 g protein (8%) • 5 g fiber • 1.3 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.