Want a different toast and a clever way to use up that ricotta from lasagna? Here’s Lemon Ricotta Toast. It’s light and satisfying, without being over heavy or filling. I love the bright acidity the lemon juices adds to the creamy ricotta, simply flavors with salt and red pepper flakes. Pumpkin seeds add a delightful crunch, while spinach adds some color and a little extra something-something.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1 slice of whole wheat/grain bread
- 2 T ricotta
- 1 lemon wedge
- Sea salt
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 t pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 egg
- 1 c spinach
- Toast bread of choice. Spread ricotta onto toasted bread. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt, red pepper and pepitas.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat a frying pan with cooking spray, fry an egg over medium. Remove egg from heat whenever egg is done to your liking.
- In the same pan used for the eggs, quickly wilt spinach over medium heat.
- Top toast with sautéed spinach and egg over easy.
Adapted from Buzzfeed’s “Lemony Ricotta Toast with a Fried Egg.”
Nutrition for 1 of serving.
270 calories • 12.5 g fat (44%) • 19.6 g carbs (31%) • 15.5 g protein (25%) • 2.6 g fiber • 4.3 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.