You know what I’ve been missing in my life? French Toast. Especially Single Serving Baked French Toast that I can whip up and have ready in less than 30 minutes. You’d never know this version is fully vegan; the bread is perfectly “soaked” in almond milk, vanilla and almond butter. While you don’t miss the eggy-ness of this toast, its cinnamon still makes you think of your childhood dish. Sweetened with bananas and a little agave, you may be tempted to whip up more than just one serving…
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/3 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 T almond butter, no salt added
- 1/4 to 1/3 t agave
- 1 slice of wholegrain bread, cubed
- 1/4 c oats
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- Maple syrup to serve
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Lightly grease an oven-safe ramekin.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mashed banana, milk, vanilla, almond butter and agave until well incorporated.
- In the ramekin, portion out cubed bread and oats. Combine bread and oats with cinnamon and the liquid mixture. Toss well so bread is fully covered by liquid mixture. You may need to add more milk by a tablespoon increment if too bread and oats are too dry.
- Transfer “batter” to the greased ramekin. Bake for 18-22 min or until set and just beginning to brown. Let cool before serving.
- Drizzle baked French toast with maple syrup and enjoy!
Adapted from Running with Spoon‘s “Banana Oat Baked French Toast.”
Nutrition for 1 serving.
320 calories • 10.4 g fat (37%) • 32.8 g carbs (52%) • 6.9 g protein (11%) • 5.8 g fiber • 10 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.