I think I just found my new summer staple: Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice. If you’re lazy like me, Trader Joe’s was worth the $2 investment and ease of prep. To keep it even simpler, I chopped the stems and leaves together; cilantro adds that bright, fresh taste to the “rice” and pairs so nicely with fresh lime juice. Think a knock-off of Chipotle’s rice that you want to eat by the spoonful.
Ingredients (serves 4).
- 3 c cauliflower rice, steamed (like Trader Joe’s)
- 1/2 c cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 lime juiced to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cook cauliflower rice according to package directions or make your own! Once 3 c are steamed and cooked, transfer to a large bowl.
- Add cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste with “rice” and toss well.
- Dish up 3/4 c servings as a side or as a rice/grain substitute.
Nutrition for 1 serving (3/4 c).
22 calories • 0 g fat (0%) • 4.8 g carbs (70%) • 2.1 g protein (30%) • 2.2 g fiber • 2.1 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.