I’ve been on a mission to find a hot, turmeric latte in Boston, but after this smoothie, I’ve been doing it all wrong. Minimalist Baker gave me this idea, but I decided to use golden beets (my new favorite root vegetable!) and frozen mango to add more of that golden color, extra nutrients and a bit of sweetness. Just like that cleansing ginger smoothie, I tossed in whole ginger root for a spicy bite. With all the spices you’d find in golden milk and a creamy coconut base, this Golden Milk Smoothie is going to be a chilled version of your turmeric staple.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1/2t banana, frozen
- 1/3 c frozen mango
- 1/4 c golden beet, steamed and cooled to room temp
- 1/2″ ginger, peeled
- 1/4 t turmeric
- Dash of following spices:
- Black pepper
- 2-3 ice cubes (helps grind ginger)
- 1 c unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 2 T coconut plant-based protein powder (optional)
- Coconut flakes to top (optional)
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Add more ice as needed to help grind ginger and more or less milk as needed for desire consistency.
- Transfer to a glass and top with coconut flakes and sprinkle with cinnamon (optional).
- Grab a straw and enjoy!
Adapted from Minimalist Baker‘s “Creamy Vegan Golden Milk Smoothie.”
Nutrition for 1 smoothie.
213 calories • 6.1 g fat (24%) • 29.8 g carbs (53%) • 12.7 g protein (23%) • 3.7 g fiber • 19 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.