Remember that cilantro lime cauliflower rice? I had a special plan for it for these Curry Chicken Bowls with Mango & Coconut Cilantro “Rice.” You know me; I’m a big fan of fresh, light meals that are still filling. This combination of sweet mango with fresh cilantro and coconut “rice” seemed fitting after a quick vacation on Sanibel Island, Florida. If I had a grill, this bowl would be complete with the charred, smoky flavor grilling the chicken would add. But alas, baking the chicken still kept it juicy and an easy meal prep.
Ingredients (serves 4).
- 16 oz chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 to 1 t curry powder
- 2 c spinach
- 3 c cilantro lime cauliflower rice
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 2 honey mangoes (they’re like mini mangoes; you can also use one large mango)
- Lime wedges to serve
- Prep cilantro lime cauliflower rice here. Toss “rice” with coconut milk and set aside. (If meal prepping, I’d add the coconut milk the day of.)
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line roasting pan with foil. Place chicken breasts in lined pan. Lightly sprinkle with salt, pepper and curry powder. Bake for 10-15 min or until internal temp of each breast is 165º F and chicken is until cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool before slicing.
- Slice mangoes (how to here).
- Steam spinach.
- Plate 3/4 c coconut “rice” with 4 oz of chicken, 1/2 mango, 1/2 c wilted spinach and a lime wedge.
Inspired by “Seared Indian Chicken over Coconut Rice” from Bev Cooks.
Nutrition for 1/4 of recipe.
275 calories • 8.9 g fat (30%) • 14 g carbs (21%) • 33.5 g protein (50%) • 2.2 g fiber • 10.1 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.