It’s a heat wave in Boston. Cool down with this vibrant Berry Beet Smoothie. Look at that color! The magenta is amazing, and you can’t even taste the beet. The mango and berries leave it perfectly sweet. Enjoy this smoothie as breakfast or a snack – -it’s utterly refreshing either way.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1 small beet, peeled and steamed
- 1/4 c frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 c frozen mango
- 1 c unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-2 T plant-based coconut protein powder like Tone It Up’s (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add milk and ice as needed.
- Pour into a glass. (Carefully! — beets will stain.)
Nutrition for 1 smoothie (with 2 T plant-based protein powder).
210 calories • 5.2. g fat (22%) • 31.2 g carbs (59%) • 10 g protein (19%) • 7.2 g fiber • 20.8 g sugar
Nutrition for 1 smoothie (NO protein powder).
160 calories • 5.2. g fat (27%) • 28.7 g carbs (67%) • 2.5 g protein (6%) • 6.7 g fiber • 20.8 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.