This Ginger Avocado Latte is the most unexpected sort of latte. It’s not how you’d think of a latte in a traditional sense. There’s no coffee or caffeine. The avocado just adds a frothy, creamy goodness. Play around with flavors of the fresh ginger like cinnamon for some spice or cardamom for a citrusy addition.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 t maple syrup
- A dash of turmeric + cinnamon or turmeric + cardamom (both combos are delicious)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 T smashed avocado (about 1/8 of an avocado)
- 1/2″ piece of ginger, peeled
- Heat almond milk, maple syrup, spices and salt, whisking well until warm and frothy.
- Transfer to a blender with avocado and ginger. Blend well until frothy. You can also use an immersion blender to mix.
- Strain latte through a fine mesh strainer (optional, but this ensures the smoothest consistency).
- Sip and enjoy!
Adapted from Lara Ferroni‘s An Avocado a Day.
Nutrition for 1 latte.
90 calories • 6.2. g fat (60%) • 8 g carbs (59%) • 1.5 g protein (6%) • 2.7 g fiber • 4.6 g sugar • 151.8 mg sodium
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.