Although it’s fall, Halloween’s 70° weather had me craving this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie last week. Rich in antioxidants and vitamin A, pumpkin is not an obvious choice for smoothies. However, it’s thick and creamy nature allows it to easily acquire flavors like the spices of pumpkin pie. It’s just decadent enough to be breakfast, dessert, or a snack, but healthy thanks to bananas’ and dates’ natural sweetness. Healthy fats in the almond butter and plant-based protein round this smoothie out as a nutritious option.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1/3 c pumpkin purée
- 1 whole date, pitted and halved
- 1/2 banana (frozen or raw)
- 1 T vanilla plant-based protein powder (optional)
- 2 t creamy almond butter
- 1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add extra ice and/or almond milk as needed for desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass and top with unsweetened coconut flakes (optional) and extra pumpkin pie spice.
Nutrition for 1 smoothie (including protein powder).
258 calories • 8.4 g fat (28%) • 40.1 g carbs (58%) • 9.5 g protein (14%) • 7.6 g fiber • 23.7 g sugar
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.