I keep trying to hack Sweetgreen’s dressing because everyone knows Sweetgreen’s dressings are the bomb; it’s what makes the salad. Here’s my take on their Spicy Cashew Dressing. It’s full of healthy fat thanks to the EVOO and raw cashews. It’s sweet, tangy, obviously spicy, and has a layer of umami to it. I can’t wait to add this to lots o’ salads and bowls because when you want to eat it with a spoon, it’s that good, right?
Ingredients (makes 1 c with 2 T servings).
- 1/2 c raw cashews *
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t sesame oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 t Sriracha + more to taste
- 1/2″ piece of ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 t maple syrup
- 1 T nutritional yeast (optional, but adds an umami flavor)
- 3-5 T warm water + plus if needed
- Pinch of salt
* Note: I used a Vitamix and didn’t soak the cashews beforehand because the blender is so powerful.
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender, initially adding 3 T water. Thin with water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- I added up to 6-8 T total of water to thin the dressing, but again, my blender is very powerful and the dressing was extremely thick to start.
- Transfer to a sealed container and store in the fridge up to 1 wk.
Inspired by Sweetgreen and adapted from Gathered Nutrition‘s “Spicy Cashew Dressing.”
Nutrition for 1 serving (2 T).
73 calories • 5.5 g fat (67%) • 4.6 g carbs (24%) • 1.7 g protein (9%) • 0.5 g fiber • 1.8 g sugar • 87 mg sodium
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.
1 thought on “Copycat Sweetgreen’s Spicy Cashew Dressing”