I wanted a tropical immune boost once I had smoothie envy from my nursing friends, Lyndsay and Jen, so I whipped up a morning smoothie back in the end of March. This smoothie has been getting me through this quarantine and perfectly transitions into summer. I wouldn’t think to add raw carrots, but they’re so refreshing & vibrant. You taste the mango, citrus, and ginger at the forefront of this drink, that you can’t even taste the carrots! I think I’ll be experimenting with more veggies in smoothies thanks to this Carrot Turmeric Smoothie.
Ingredients (serves 1).
- 1/2 c frozen mango
- 5-6 baby carrots
- 1 clementine, peeled
- 1/2” piece of ginger root, peeled
- 1 packet @foursigmatic mushroom golden latte *
- 1 T shredded coconut
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk + coconut milk blend
- 4-5 ice cubes
* NOTE: If you don’t have the mushroom golden latte (which understandably, most people don’t have this hanging out in their pantry), try these spices instead:
1 t turmeric + 1/4 t cinnamon + 1/8 t cardamom + 1/8 t nutmeg + pinch of cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add milk and ice as needed.
- Pour into a glass. (Carefully! — turmeric stains.)
- Sprinkle with extra coconut and turmeric (optional).
Nutrition for 1 smoothie (with golden latte packet).
227 calories • 7.4. g fat (29%) • 37.8 g carbs (66%) • 3 g protein (5%) • 6.2 g fiber • 22 g sugar