I can’t rave about this parsley tahini sauce enough. When we first made it, it was in this setting: Grilled Shrimp & Zucchini with Parsley Tahini Dipping Sauce. The char from the grill and that smoky flavor pairs so well with the bitter umami of the tahini and bright citrusy parsley. Grilled shrimp is such a summery choice. Plus it’s super fun to dip things. Brings my back to my childhood days when chicken nuggets were the best thing. We paired this with Trader Joe’s multigrain medley, which I highly recommend stocking up on if you have TJ’s near by. We’ve since had it on (beef) burgers, turkey burgers, with chicken, with just grilled veggies.
Ingredients (serves 6).
- 2 lbs shrimp, deveined and tails on
- 2 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- 1 c parsley tahini sauce
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Slice a zucchini into 3″ large strips. Toss with 1 T olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining tablespoon for shrimp.
- Either place zucchini and shrimp on skewers or on foil for the grill.
- Grill both until zucchini are tender and browned and shrimp are opaque. You may need to start zucchini first depending on their thickness.
- Divide equally between 6 servings.
- Dip shrimp and veggies in and enjoy!
Nutrition for 1 of 6 servings (shrimp, zucchini, & sauce).
264 calories • 13.3 g fat (45%) • 10.5 g carbs (15%) • 26.6 g protein (40%) • 3.4 g fiber • 2.9 g sugar • 531 mg sodium
* These are estimates based off specific products I used and how I entered ingredients in a fitness tracker. This is completely subjective and used to give a rough nutritional estimate.